I just wanted to say, that this list has been a terrific source of
information for me over the past several months.  Thanks to all!!

I just wanted to pass on some info.  I got my new 80-200 AFS lens today and
wanted to give the group some initial feedback.  First it is incredibly fast
and quiet.  I have been a long time user of the original 80-200 2.8D lens,
and have alway been extremely happy with it.  This lens is just fast.  Also,
I really like the automatic manual switch and focus lock buttons.  Never
having had the opportunity to go shoot the big lenses with these features, I
think they are going to be really nice.

As for feel, it is a little heavier than the previous model.  I don't know
what the specs are, but it definitely feels a little heaver.  Especially
with the Tripod mount attached. Speaking of which I really like the ability
to remove this.  It makes for a much more ergonomic package when you are
simply handholding the lens.  When I get my first set of rolls back I will
provide more details.

Thanks again for all of those that continue to post great information.

Sincerely,

Glenn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Magic Light Images