see my Third Party Lenses pages at:

http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/index.html

includes - cult classic third party lenses, just plain wierd third party
lenses (T-mount fisheyes?), lists of data on a few thousand lenses, inter-
changeable mounts, and related topics.

I started using exotic third party lenses (12mm T-mount fisheye...)
because there weren't any Nikkors or I couldn't afford the nikkor ones,
then I started collecting some as backups for my nikkors, then I looked
for a really terrible third party lens costing under $20 to see how bad
scratches have to be to show up in photos, only even these cheapy lenses
turned out to be pretty good...

(see http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/backups.html and
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/badlens.html

in short, there are a lot of surprisingly useful third party lenses out
there, often at significant bargains, and worth looking into...

regards bobm

* Robert Monaghan POB752182 Dallas Tx 75275-2182 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Bronica 6x6 medium format: http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/bronica.html site *
* Medium Format Cameras: http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/index.html megasite*