Javier wrote:

>Last month I purchased a half price films because they are going to be out
>of date in Febrary. These are Kodad Royal Gold 200 and 400. I have already
>developed 3 and they are Ok, but I've got come more, and maybe I will have
>to develop them in March.

>Is there anybody who Knows what happend if they become prints one or two
>months after expired?

>Another question. Until now I have used Kodak Gold and Fuji Superia, but I
>think it's time to upgrade to Fuji Reala 100 or Kodak Royal Gold 100.
>Which is best, or maybe every one is best in a specific kind or photography?

Javier,

The best thing you can do with your nearly outdated film is to put it in a
plastic bag and put the bag in your freezer. Once frozen, the film's aging
process will slow nearly to a stop. If you plan to shoot all the film in
the next 2-6 months, there is no need to freeze it. It ages slowly.

Before using the frozen film it must be thoroughly thawed (unfrozen) before
you remove the cassette from the plastic canister. If you remove the film
from the canister before it thaws, it will attract moisture, in the same
manner as a glass holding a cold drink in the summer. This can ruin the
film and deposit film emulsion all over the inside of your camera.

To thaw the film, either leave it sit at room temperature for 3-6 hours
(depending on the room temperature), or, as I do, put the plastic canister
in your trouser pocket for a half hour or so.

Your choice of film from the four you mentioned is not something anyone
else can tell you. You must go shoot some of each, under your normal
shooting conditions, then decide for yourself.

Best regards,

Stew
--
Photo Web pages: http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart

UNIX: It's not just 'User-Unfriendly', it's 'Proactively User-Hostile'!

Nothing generates so much silence as confronting a person with an
undeniable truth which is contrary to that person's beliefs.

Manual cameras, Luna-Pro's and stick shifts.