Having just read your most recent post I would recomend the following:

1. Put Nikon lens on Nikon cameras.

2. Check out the Nikkor 24 2.8 AF.  I see this lens all the time at B&H
in New York for around $300.  Check out thier web page.

3. Look for a used one.  A lens like this in good condition should be
bewteen $175-250. And maybe even less on ebay the auction page.

4. Take a look at the gear you have.  Maybe there is something you can
trade or sell to offset the price of buying a wide angle lens.

5. I would stay with the prime.  If you invest in the 24-120 you no
longer need the 35-80.  However, having said that, you could sell or
trade the 35-80 to get into the 24-120.

Good Luck.

Sam