Lukaz,
As usual, much depends on your personal type of photography.  If you are
happy with the 35-80, it would be cheaper to buy a 24 or 28mm lens than the
24-120 and keep your 35-80.  I bought the 24-120 and have two problems with
it: it is very SLOW over 85mm, and the Nikon 72mm polarizing filter is
expensive and BIG.  Some posters complain about distortion, I haven't had
any trouble, but architecture is not my photographic style.  Two good points
are 24mm wide end and close focus distance is good at approx. .5m.

I am thinking of selling my 24-120 when the 28-105 3.5-4.5 comes out.  As an
outdoor, daylight travel lens the 24-120 is fine.  I just find too many
situations where it is too slow.  My trusty old 35-135 3.5-4.5 workhorse
seemed better, so I plan to go back to that aperature range.
Best of luck, Chuck