I'm glad to see some discussion of the older models.  I use a Nikon F2
(w/ DP1 metered head) and Nikkormat FT (averaging meter), and I love
them both.  I bought the FT over twenty years ago, and it still works as
good today as ever.

Here's a place to start on the FS:
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikkormat/index.htm

You'll find a link with some history, and a *message board* where others
may be able to help you further.

Also, you can find the older 105mm f2.5's on eBay.  I bid on several,
but my winning bid turned out to be on a newer AI model with the modern
lens coating.  Standard eBay warning:  know who you are buying from.  If
I have any doubt, I call them to discuss the item and verify phone
numbers and addresses before bidding.

--
Jim Anable  Seattle, WA     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Send Mail:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PRIVATE