Miguel,
I owned a Sigma 18-35 Aspheric. It is light and dramatically
wide. I took it to France on a week's vacation and it traveled well,
produced nice, handheld exposures and was a very nice lens. It requires,

however, 82mm filters, which, at the time, didn't seem to be such a
problem. I bought a used B&W UV filter for it to protect the front
element, which was long overdue, but 82mm filters aren't cheap and
represent a large investment in relation to the cost of the lens. Every
time, though, that I wanted to use it I found I needed filtration of
some type...either to adjust for
tungsten fluorescent light or polarizing to intensify colors, and kept
getting frustrated by
the 82mm ring.  My daughter, however, indicated a desire for a
wide-angle lens for Christmas.  It was now or never.  I boxed up the
Sigma,
instructions, lens hood and B&W filter, and gave it to her for
Christmas. For myself, I bought a Tokina 20-35 f/2.8, w/ 77mm,
which I have all the filtration I need for now.   We are both very
happy. Good luck with your choice.
Ben Harper