I did some research on the weekend. I visited eBay.com, an online auction
house which many of you have heard of. I just upgraded to an F5 and I
wanted to find out how much my F90X gear is worth. I'm still trying to
decide if I should keep the F90X as a second AF camera (already have an FE
as a true backup) or sell it now for a quick hit of cash.

In following table, prices are in USD of used equipment on eBay.com for the
1-month period Dec 15 1998 to Jan 15 1999.
Data includes the lowest price paid, the average, the median, and the
highest price paid and the number of items sold. Items where bidding failed
to meet the reserve price were excluded -- these overpriced items comprised
approximately 15%-20% of all listed items.

Item            Low     Avg     Med     High    number sold
----            ---     ---     ---     ----    --
F90X/N90s       570     665     695     717     13
MB-10           138     146     149     153     3
MF-26           152     193     195     234     10
Sum             859     1003    1039    1103

In all cases, the sellers mentioned that shipping was extra on top of the
final bid price. There is a nominal insertion fee to have the equipment
listed.
However, eBay takes a 2% cut of the final bid price for their auction fee,
which the seller must pay.

Quality ranged from "used, sorry no manual" to "mint, still in box,
unfilled warranty card". Most were slightly used but with original warranty
stub. According to the fine print, the warranty on Nikon gear is not
transferable.

I would say that it is certainly a seller's market for Nikon gear on eBay
right now. The selling prices there are very good. But I still can't decide
if I should keep my stuff or not! It's hard to part with such a nice
camera, even if there's now a better one in my posession.

DavidE