>I am trying to decide which Polarizer filter to purchase. My primary
>lens is the Nikkor 24-120. However, I will soon add a 50mm 1.8.  My
>filter choices are:
>
>Nikon 72mm circ pol (plus matched HN-13 hood). Front end is wider than 72 to
>reduce chance of vignetting.
>B+W slim circ pol (reg or multi-coated)
>B+W Xtra-wide Kaesemann (very very expensive)
>Hoya "Ultra" (thin) multi-coated circ pol + UV
>Hoya "Ultra" super Multi-coated circ pol
>Helipoan slim circ pol
>Heliopan W/A Kaesemann circ pol
>
>Which one should I get? I'm lost...Thanks!

The no brainer is to get the Nikon filter.  Excellent quality, smooth
rotation, wide front end won't vignette, blah blah blah.

In the good old days of what some would deem free speech, there was a web
page that _summarized_ the test results of a certain French photo magazine
which I shall leave nameless due to its draconian efforts and success at
removing this info from the public view.

In any case, the results of the tests of polarizing filters were that the
Nikon had excellent color balance, i.e. no color shift, and the optics were
also excellent.  I forgot the rest of the test results, but if someone
happened to have the magazine and results, I would be interested in hearing
the rest.

BTW, if you have any future plans to upgrade to a 80-200 f2.8D New or AF-S,
you would be better off buying a 77mm filter size and use a 72-77 step up
ring; then you can use the filter with both lenses.

My 2 yen,

Matt