Pete wrote in V4 #212:

> When I bought my
> F5 at B&H in NYC I mentioned to the salesman that I'd just traded in my N70
> because I hated it.  His comment was that it was one of Nikon's few black
> sheep cameras.

In defense of the N70 and for Lief Bedford who wanted to know how actual
N70 users felt about it, here is my 2 cents:
The N70 is actually a great VALUE. (cost Vs. features).
I use it along with (not just a backup to) my F5.  Although the program
modes are gimmicky, it does have a great set of features and focuses
quickly.  The control interface DOES take some practice to get used to
and comparatively slow to work with, but is logical and understandable.

It's easy to call anything else a black sheep after selling you an F5. I
mean , he's just sold you the top of the line... And the B&H salesman is
entitled to his opinion just like anybody else.  But I don't think the
N70 is a shameful model (black sheep).  The interface is not that hard
to work with especially if you use the camera often.