One of the lenses I plan to get is the Nikkor AF 60 2.8D Micro (the 105
is out of my price range).

With my previous setup, a Pentax ZX-50 and Tamron 28-200 Super(my first
SLR setup), I found that (1) I definitely liked shooting macro, and (2)
I could rarely get close enough for my liking with that lens (1:3.9 I
think).  From those that like to shoot in the macro world, I'd love some
feedback on whether or not this is a good avenue to follow initially,
versus reverse rings, extension tubes, and the like.  Only one of my
other two lenses I plan to buy would be a candidate for those items, the
24-50 3.3-4.5D, but I'm not sure it would work well with a zoom anyway,
even if only at 50.  Still, if it produces markedly better results, the
60 Micro is definitely my first choice.

I'd love some macro world feedback.