"Jake Hellbach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Hello,
Has anyone used the Sigma 135-400 or the 170-500
lenses? Sharpness? Problems with autofocus ? Also
the Tamron 200-400.

Not the Sigmas but I have the Tamron in question.
It focuses very well with my F90X. Others have
criticised it for being softer than the fixed F.L.
alternatives, i.e., Sigma and Tokina. Can't say as
I have not compared them. It seems pretty good to
me even at 400mm and wide open. My site has a shot
taken with it. See following URL if you are
interested. The shot in question is the chickadee
photo on this particular page. Sorry but I don't
recall if it was at f/5.6 or f8.0 though.
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/danksta/small.htm

Incidentally, I had a complaint about my "vcard"
in previous posts taking up too much room. My
apologies. I was just trying to attach a sig file
and didn't even know what the v card thingie was.
Turned off now (I hope.)
Terence A. Danks
Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/danksta/home.htm