Hi all,

I recently got a used f801s and have a concern about it's focusing.
When I use the AF it seems to make little corrections before it gives
focus confirmation and takes the shot.

I'll illustrate by describing the focus noise the z's are the AF motor
the - 's are slight pauses (imagine it's focused as close as it will go
and I point it at an object that's 5 meters away and depress the
shutter all the way):

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-zzzzz-zz-z <shutter>

I tried the same lens (Nikkor 70-300 4.5 - 5.6 AF-D) on my Dad's F601,
and it sounded different. It just went straight to focus, like this:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <shutter>

The photos come out all right. Any ideas anyone?

All the best

Matt

Hope the z's didn't make anyone yawn.....