Hello everyone!

I don't like using flash very much, but I admit that can be very useful in
certain situations. I own an F3 and a dedicated flash unit, the SB-17. This
unit is not very advanced, but it fits my needs very well since it is very
compact and easy to use. When thinking about getting an FE-2 as back-up I
was told that I could get some adaptor (I don't remember which) to use my
SB-17 with the FE-2, but that I would lose the TTL capabilities.
Reading some posts about the SB-16 and the AS-8, wonder if it would be able
to use it and still keep the TTL abilities.
>From the description at the B&H homepage, it seems that it would not
work... but I would like that someone confirms it. Then, the adaptor that I
should use is the AS-6, if I am right.....

While I am at it, I would like to ask something else about the SB-17.....
since I bought it second-hand, I did not get any manual with it. Someone
from the list sent me a very nice mail with the basic instructions, but now
I would like to know more..... Is there a possibility of getting the manual
on-line?...... Maybe someone who owns one could be able to tell me at
least, the range of focal distances covered by the flash (both when it is
horizontal, and vertical.... and I do have the wide angle diffusor)

Thank you very much

Marc