Hi all,

Since someone came up with this topic, I'd like to post a question too.
I'm planning a trip to the southwestern US later this year, and I'd like
to hear a couple of opinions on two specific things: Antelope Canyon and
the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.

First the canyon part: What is the best way of shooting inside Antelope
Canyon? Shall I use a solid tripod and expose real long, or are faster
speeds and a wide aperture better? Is the use of MLU necessary with the
F4? (wow, it's even Nikon-specific...)
What kind of film (slide and negative) is recommended? I'd like to make no
compromises. Filters? And what time is the best (AFAIK, there's never
direct sunlight)?

The balloon part: I've shot a couple of air shows so far, but balloons are
a different thing IMO. The colors matter much more. What kind of technique
is recommended? (and of course what kind of film / lenses / filters?)
And is it worth shooting from the top of Sandia Peak when the sky is
full of balloons?

I apologize for my long posting, but I know that there are a couple of
real pro's out there who have shot this kind of stuff before, and I'd not
like to mess up my pictures because of stupid errors.

Thanks!
Boris
boris dot achermann at switzerland dot org