Donald, you said:

> The camera doesn't matter.  The lens is everything.

To some degree you are correct.  However, I haven't seen any ratings
of the FM10's shutter speed accuracy or its meter accuracy.

Assuming an accurate shutter, an accurate meter (and correct use
thereof), a lens mount which is properly parallel to the film plane,
and adequate function of the film rails and camera back to hold the
film in the correct, level position, I agree with you.

A really old, decrepit, beat-up Nikon F4 with an out-of-alignment lens
mount and an erratic shutter would be a much worse camera than a
beat-up but dependable Nikkormat FT because of this.

On the whole though, your point is a good one.  Just be careful.  :)

Jim