Hello Nikoners,

a person in a photography mailing list asked the following question:

< I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me something about the 'L'
modification of the Nikon's FM2 camera.

The owner calls this camera "FM2L". He told me it was from Nikon's special
series for NASA and was never sold in stores.

The only difference from the ordinary chrome FM2n is an "L" letter on the
body. It resides on the body above the self-timer lever in 1 cm from body's
top metal casing. The letter (somewhat similar to famous Leica's "L" logo)
is engraved on the small metal square. >

Does anybody can help, or is this just a fairy tale?

Thank you very much,
Sergio Lopes.