Sergio,

     as I remember a chapter in one of the standard books about the history
     of Nikon correctly, the "L" FM-2 is NOT a NASA but a Korea (or Taiwan,
     I don't remember exactly)-made model, the so-called "Lemix"-FM-2. (So
     the "leica-like "L" stands for "Lemix"", which was the manufacturer)
     However, the book said, that this model was never sold outside the
     production country. The model had the same specs like the normal FM-2n
     (aluminium shutter, 1/250-snyc...) but was branded with the "L" to
     show the difference between the "Nikon" and the Lemix.

     Hope this helps,

     Michael