At 5C and lower this lens no longer communicates reliably with my f90x.
I get the flashing F-- on the LCD. I've tried a 20mm 2.8 AFD under the
same conditions and found that it worked fine with the body. This leads
me to believe the 35-105 is losing contact or the CPU is malfing from the
cold. This problem occurs intermittantly and is vexxing but not crippling
to me. Nikon Cda was unable to find a problem (No fault found - suggested
I clean contacts ...sigh...) but they did not try to recreate the
conditions. Cleaned contacts and problem still occurs.
Oddly the malf occurs most frequently btw approx. 5 and -10C. Temps of
-10 to -30 result in a declining incidence of this malf. sigh...
intermittant problems are the worst.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

What's your site saying about you? What are they saying about your site?
Robert T. Bucek, Strategic Services, Intrinsix Canada, www.intrinsix.net