This guy is a real peach! First he insults Americans. Then he justifies his
existence with excuses for his past. And then he insults all of us by
telling us we don't know where Slovenia is. And furthermore, he goes on to
tell us how we should practise free speech, in writing only what he wishes
to hear.!
    His first letter was in better English and therefore given that he says
he's a journalist with an ascerbic wit; I say his second letter is a
misleading falsehood. Anyone can turn off their spellchecker. Next he reads
us some Communist propaganda so as to put us in line as to what he wishes to
hear. Next he gives us a hard time about our intelligence..This is all
hogwash!! The guy knows what he says and should be accountable for his
actions; he just isn't. Lastly, his first letter was offensive, blasphemous
and plain rude!
I vote that firewall be created in Major-domo to keep him out of our hair!
Anyone else agree??

Owen

>Dear fellow Nikoneers (as you love to call yourself)

>I didn't want to start a war by saying  the USA wasn't the centre of the
>universe anymore. It was a metaphore and ment as a stereotip or joke if you
>like. Looks like my crookend english is the cause for this mess and I bet
>this post will be a perfect example. Missunderstanding in one word. Anyway
>appologize if I offended anyone, it was not on purpose. Nontheless, let me
>explain a few things.

>First of all I'm not a German. Gottcha all of you german-haters!!! I'm from
>Slovenia and I bet 99% of you don't know where that is. Anyway, we'll take
>geography into account another time. I received about 30 mail messages
about
>what I said. There was a fist of digesters with a rotten attitude problem
>but most of you were O.K.. As I said I was out of line for a moment but
that
>was not an issue there. Again I'm sorry. I't a kind of professional
>deformation. I'm a journalist from ex-comunist country and the majority of
>us is in a kind of oposition to the government. Our tongues are sharp as
>blades but in general we're harmless to the people. And kind. So, what I
>wanted to say is that if something doesn't happen in the USA that doesn't
>mean the rest of the world should will suffer. I subscribed to the nikon
>digest to get useful information in the first place. It's pretty stupid
that
>all of you have internet access and you use e-mail only. Go searc the
>Altavista, visit net stores, compare prices, ask for details!!! To stretch
>little your intelectual capabilities it takes more than just to ask a
>question a wait for an answer. Internet is the biggest library in the world
>so use it. My heart bleeds each time I see a stupid posts in style like "my
>boyfriend kissed me - am I preagnant?" There's only 20% of useful
>information for the users and the rest is nothing but junk. Requests for
>prices, quotes etc. Everybody should read the manuals first and get even
>with the equipment. It usualy works just fine, it's us who don't get all
>there is. Looks like our favourite topic now is how come Nikon is so stupid
>that they can't build a camera with leave-the-film-leader-out option. My
god
>this is pathetic! Why don't you ask Nikon? Switch to canon if that's the
>only problem! You people make problems out of nothing. And that's what
>bothers me. Opinions, criticisms, experience, problem solving solutions,
>helpful advice and marketing speculations is what we're all here for,
right?

>Regards to all, ales

>For those who asked German net stores one of them is www.ny-camera.com >The
>site is in english and most of the prices after excluding VAT are about the
>same as in the USA (e.g. new 28-105 3.5-4.5 D IF is 689 DM, 578 without
>VAT
>= 340 USD

>Again, no offence and sorry for non Nikon topic. Won't happen again! I'll
>just swallow all that I get for as long as it's Nikon

" He who feels it, knows it. He who knows it, shows it."