Hello -ajay!

> that true? Do you really lose the flash compensation setting every time
>you shut the flash? What if you are using an external flash? That looks
>like a major shortcoming to me.

At least my F70 forget the flash compensation when I close the built in flash.
(For example to take a picture without flash.) It is annoying to me when I take
pictures and went fill flash only some of them.
And the default fill flash is to strong to my taste.
I exclusivly use the built in flash.
F70 is a fast usable camera when you use it p&s mode.
F70 is a versatile camera with many features for creative users, but need more
time and care than others. (Eg. bracketing must be set again after shooting, you
can't see what is the compensation, just there is some compensation, AE lock is
almost unusable, etc.)
I only miss DOF preview, 1/250 flash syncron, high speed flash syncron,
changeable screen. But for this price the camera is great.

         dMT alias medve
 dr. Moso Tamas  e-mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]