Les Libenson asked:
>I purchased a Nikon 62mm circular polar filter for my 20mm f/2.8 AF D
>Nikkor lens with a HN-26 lens hood from B&H only to have to return it.
>The filter instruction sheet said it could not be used with the 20mm
>f/2.8 AF D lens...<snip>

Hi Les

I have posted in the past regarding this subject, so you may want to
check the archives for more of the discussion that took place on this
subject. BTW, the 20mm/2.8 is such a sweet lens.

Anyway, I guess you have a couple of options. The first option, or least
expensive is what I initially did. I bought a 62=>72 mm step up ring
that allowed me to use my 72mm polarizer from my Nikkor 180mm/2.8 on my
20mm. This setup worked very well, it even allowed me to use the filter
on the lens even with the lens hood. I did have a bit of a problem
rotating the filter itself due to my larger fingers. I never had a
problem with vignetting with this setup. The only problem was when I
wanted to use both the 180mm/2.8 and the 20mm/2.8 lenses at the same
time on different bodies, I was constantly switching the filter back and
forth. Which brings me to the second option.

As I said over time, I grew tired of the switching, so I bit the bullet
and bought the oversize Nikon filter. I'm very happy I did, it is a
beautiful filter. On the downside of this, currently I don't have a lens
hood for it so now I shoot with out one so you have to be very careful
when aiming it not too mention that you don't bump it. I have rigid lens
hoods on all of my lenses for protection.

If you or anyone else have questions or comments, feel free to email me.
--
Terry Graham - Freelance Photographer & Windsurfer
Graham Fine Art Photography