>As the best backup body half people suggested the FE2,
>the other half suggested the FM2.

>A FE2 with all the mechanical shutter speeds of the
>FM2 would be the ideal body.
>I'm wondering if it could be technically feasible.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is technically feasible but I have
very strong doubts that it is economically feasible.  I personally
have never had an electronic shutter failure in my over 20 years
of shooting.  It would probably cheaper to get a grey market FM2
and an FE2
than to buy which would most likely be a low volume-high cost to
manufacture FE2/FM2 hybrid.  Yes, that is an extra body to carry but
it would give you even more fault tolerance.

David Johnson