In a message dated 3/8/99 5:45:08 AM, owner-nikon-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Do people out the really think AF-S is necessary in the 20-35 range?
> don't own this lens (yet), but I did try it at a store recently, and thought
> the AF speed was great.  Would the AF-S really be needed here, or would
>it
> just jack the price up to $2K+? Just wondering what the opinions are?

Remember that the prime reason for such a motor is full time manual focus and
it's high torque, low speed properties which make it ideal for faster
processors like those found in the F5.  It's not necessarily rotating the lens
any faster than a normal D lens, just starting it and stopping it quicker.
Michel
www.naplesnews.com