I am looking at buying a 1000mm for important but occasional use. The
Nikon 1000mm catadioptric is a bit expensive and the 1 review I have
found rates it as optically so-so. There are two Russian 1000mm cats
which are one tenth(!) the price. I have also had someone in the know
recommend a Celestron 5" telescope which is supposedly diffraction
limited and still cheaper than the Nikon. Anyone out there got hands on
experience at this length and care to pass on their experience? The AFS
500/4 and TC20E would be nice, but I value my marriage higher :-)

Philip M Tudor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Guildford,UK.