Here's a question about focal lengths and angle of view
of certain nikkors. The 85mm/f1.8 AF has an angle of view
of 28 degrees whereas thethe 85mm/1.4 MF is only 23 degrees.
This information is in Peterson's book. I thought the angle of view
was determined by the focal length. ??
Also, the 105mm/2.5 is 19 degrees whereas most other 105mm's are
23 degrees. Is it a typo or different angle being measured?

I am about to choose between the 105/2.5 and 85/1.8 AF. I would
like to use the lens to shoot mostly portraits in;uding some closeups
using one of th 3T,4T,5T,6T closeup attachments. Has anyone had
any experience using one of those lenses along with a closeup lens?
I'm using a manual camera so autofocus is not really the issue.

Thanks for any help. Feel free to reply  directly to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] because I subscribe to the digest
form of nikon list.

Cheers,

Pascal