Hi!

I just read in a german computer magazine (c't 6/99, p.91)
that Nikon is planning a digital SLR.
The camera was called a spin-off of the Coolpix 950 in the
report since the CCD chip and hence the resolution are the
same as in the Coolpix 950, but, and this seems for me the
most important part of the report, it uses the "classical"
F-mount so that you can use most of your Nikkor lenses, AF
as well as MF (explicitely mentioned)!
It is said that the camera will be available this autumn.
Currently no prices are available.

For the Coolpix 950 two add-on lenses are introduced, an
8mm fisheye (a photo of this combination is printed in the
magazine) and a 230mm tele.

Martin

DDDD   PPPP  III  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D   D  P   P  I     Tel. ++49 551 397723 | Fax: ++49 551 397720
D   D  PPPP   I     3. Physikalisches Institut, Uni Goettingen
DDDD   P     III    Buergerstr.42 44, 37073 Goettingen, Germany