Rob Miracle asks the list for advice on how to spend $2500,
with a wide range of possibilities.

My advice:  If you have to ask, you shouldn't spend anything!
Not yet, anyway.  Instead, every time you think about taking
a picture, but decide not to do so because of equipment limitations,
write down the situation.  Then, after a few months, go back over
your notes and see if there's a piece of equipment that would have
helped more than once.  If the answer is not obvious, keep going
until it is.

That way, you'll know what to buy, and we won't have to guess :-)

--
Andrew Koenig, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.research.att.com/info/ark