Nikoneers:

I'm on vacation in Washington DC and on a walk downtown yesterday I
passed Penn Camera, which is on the street in back of the FBI
headquarters. They've got a wonderful selection of F4 and other bodies
in the windows and - get this - a load of rare Nikkors (well, I don't
see these ones very often, anyway) on sale as demos. They've got (or
had, as of yesterday) a 200/2.0, a 1200/11 (yes, 1200), a 200/4 Micro
and many more. The prices are quite good and they look (at least through
the window) to be in fine shape. I discovered them just as they were
closing but didn't have a chance to go in, so I can't attest as to their
optical condition, but everything looked very presentable. I wonder why
a small store would stock a 1200. Could it have been a special order
that the Feds decided to pass up? Anyway - enjoy, if you've got the
dough!

David Basskin