Guys,

Canon and Leica might have the 50/1.0 lenses, Nikon only has the old Noct
Nikkor and 50/1.2 AIS. I believe Nikon can make 50/1.0 lens or may be it's
already on the way ? Don't know, I just wonder if there's a quite huge
market for these lenses. Besides, in the 50/1.4 arena, Nikkor 50/1.4 AF-D is
exactly the same like 50/1.4 AI. It's not yet upgraded, while Leica
routinely upgrades it's fast lenses. I think Nikon is still confident about
the capability of their fast lenses, or Nikon is not interested on this
class of lenses. So far, only 28/1.4 and 85/1.4 AF-D Nikon has (with new
optical design). I wish Nikon makes:
AF 24/2 or 24/1.4
AF 35/1.4
AF 58/1.2 Noct
AF 180/2 ED with it's own TCs

Nahh, Nikon is too busy making slower and slower lenses (with an "ED" label
too).

Winston S.