Adam Dietrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> What's the difference between the F90 and the F90x? I never hear anyone
>> talking about the F90 at all - all you guys seem to have the F90x.

The N/F90 isn't very common.  I suspect the sales of the N90s/F90x far
exceeds that of the N90/F90.

>Again this is only valid if I understood what I read correctly when I was
>looking at it all, but the only major difference is that the F90x (N90s)
>can take the MB-10 vertical grip and use the vertical release button,
>while on the F90 (N90) it only serves to extend the cameras holding
>surface.

DISCLAIMER: It has been a while since I read the differences between
the N90s and the N90 so I may get some of the specific details wrong
but the general idea is correct.

That is the only difference on the surface.  Internally, the N90s/F90x
has a faster CPU (at least clocked faster - I could be wrong but I think
it is something like 50% - 100% faster) that results in faster AF.
The N90s/F90x is sealed
better against moisture and dust.  The N90s/F90x also has much greater
data storage capacity over the N/F90.  The N/F90 will only hold shooting
data for a few rolls of film while the N90s/F90x holds much more, exactly
how much more I don't remember.  There are other things but I don't
recall what they are.

David Johnson