>>As far as a coloured filter on the lens, I don't believe that has any
bearing on
the issue of how the RGB meter functions.  Let's take my white flower,
without a
filter it photographs white.  If I put a red filter on, it photographs as
red
(well probably pink, but you get the idea).  What the meter detects is the
same
as if I were taking a picture of a pink flower.<<
Actually it DOES make a difference with strong filtration, such as one
would use with B&W film
Nikon states that error may occur when using this type of filtration with
the matrix color metering system, since
it biases it's reading based on color of subject ( green grass, blue sky,
etc. ).
Color correction filtration shouldn't affect it all that much, however.
Pete