Hi all,

There has been some discussion on the effect of lens mount diameters on the
ability to develop fast lenses.
I think this is only one side of the medal, the other side is the camera
register: the space between the film and the lens mount.

The EOS not only has a large mount diameter, but also a small register.
This is the reason that it can easily accept mount adaptors without optical
elements for other brand lenses (including Nikon). The FD had a smaller
diameter but its register was also smaller. That last fact seriously gets
in the way of mounting FD lenses to EOS bodies, or Nikon bodies for that
matter.

Some very interesting information is available at:
http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/bronmounts.html

Just for your information.

Rick Garrelfs