>  The Nikon rep I spoke with at the show said the N90 will be available for
> many years to come.  He also said 80% of what this group says is
> misinformation.  Take that for what is worth.

I don't think it is worth much.  The speculation about new products might
be 80% misinformation but I suspect much of that is a disinformation
campaign by Nikon's marketing department out to test the waters.
Other than speculation, the info is pretty accurate.  If something isn't
accurate, many will point out the error quite quickly.  That rep just
sounds like an arrogant SOB.

This is only speculation so it doesn't matter if it is not 100% accurate -
I think it would make sense to continue the N90s for quite a while.
The supposed "N90s replacement" would be more to fill in the gap
between the N90s and the F5 in the product line, like the EOS3 does
between the 1n and the A2e.  I wonder if the new camera will be delayed
if it doesn't seem to be competitive with the EOS3.  However, I would
be tempted to buy one if it had everything the N90s has (well, I wouldn't miss
the program modes one bit) plus multipoint AF,
MLU, and has a mail order price of $1000-$1100 US.  These are the only
things I am willing to pay for beyond an N90s.

David Johnson