Hi:

I have a Nikon N90s with a MF-26 data-back.
The problem I have is that when I try to set
any function in the MF-26, as soon as I press
any button, the camera focus the lens and shoot!!

Also, when I connect the camera to the Nikon
Photo Secretary, and try the option 'Link->
Control of MF-26 Settings', the software
displays the message:  'Control of MF-26 Settings
cannot be selected unless the MF-26 is attached'

I also removed the batteries from the data-back
and from the camera, but still have the same
problem.  At the databack I have the original
batteries (1.3 years old) and at the camera
a set of fresh NiCd´s.

The camera has never been dropped or abused.

I'm thinking about removing for a while the
databack and using the normal back, but
right now the camera has a film.

Does anyone have any idea about this strange
behavior?

Thank you,

Alfonso

Ing. Alfonso Betancourt G.  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Servicios de Informacion    http://homepages.mty.itesm.mx/~abetanco/
ITESM. Campus Monterrey     Tel Oficina: +52 (8) 359-22-93
Monterrey, N.L. MEXICO          Casa   : +52 (8) 387-40-29