> I've tried COntinuous AF with my F70 and it functions a-okay. I
> understand from the manual though that even in Single servo, focus
> tracking is supposed to take place when my subject has been focussed
> initially?

Yes. The difference with continuous AF is that it will never lock the
lens at a give distance. In single AF, is you subject is sufficiently
still, the focus will lock and will not change even if the subject
[re]start moving afterwards. But in both modes, if the subjects is
moving when activating the AF, focus tracking will be initiated.

Hope this is clear,

Nicolas.