Pascal,

I own the 85 1.8, it is a superb lens. Mine is one of the higher serial
#'s and I believe it is one of the few that were manufactured as an Ai
lens.  I have seen conflicting information as to whether this lens was
ever made as an ai lens so I am not totally sure of that fact. I shoot
with an F3HP and I find that the 1.8 max. apper. really helps in
focusing. The 1.8 is a much sharper lense that the 2.0 that was later
released. In conversations that I have had at the local camera shop many
have indicated that the 1.8 was better suited for P.J. while that 2.0
tended to be a little softer and really did quite well as a portrait
lens.  Regardless, if the price is right, go for it.
You won't regret it.

Good Luck,
Tim