I'd like to hear an explanation of how to use the "freeze focus" capability
of the MF-26 back on the N90s for taking unattended pictures of
hummingbirds at a feeder.

The complications that I have are that the MF-26 won't fire until something
comes "into focus" and this requires that the metering system remain "on".
Hummingbirds are infrequent at my feeder, so standing there with the
shutter release half depressed isn't going to cut it.

I don't have a cable release for this camera, but would like to know if, in
"freeze focus mode", the cable release keeps the metering system "on" until
something comes "into focus", then a picture is taken.  Is this how it
works with a MC-20/30?  What limits how many pictures are taken?  Can
"freeze focus" be combined with other MF-26 features such as the interval
timer or the auto-sequence?

My "dream setup" would be to take unattended photos separated from each
other by at least 5 seconds.

Thanks for the help.

Steve MacLeod
N90s in Kalamazoo