Hello Patricio,

I am a owner of a F601, and I have been using it for about 10 years, with
*any* problem until now. Ok, I am not that kind of person that takes 10
rolls/day, but I can assure you it is a very good camera, that deserves the
brand Nikon. The camera is very reliable and easy to use.

But it suffers from some drawbacks, let me comment the ones you have
pointed:

- - I don't have any old MF lenses

As far as I remember the F601 is not better than the F70 when working with
old AIS lenses. The only AF Nikon that really works amazingly with MF lenses
is the F4.

- - I can live with no continuous shooting

Actually 2 fps is *very* slow also. Don't expect the F601 to be useful for
sports shots.

- - Have read some comments about the N6006 being very power hungry

I would say that all AF cameras are very power hungry, not only the 601. BUT
the 601 uses only the very expensive lithium battery (CR P2 I think), and if
you are using very bulky glasses like the AF-80-200 2.8D, autofocus and use
the pop up flash all the time, you will eat one lithium battery each 3 rolls
of 36 exposures. It really depends on how you use your camera. Remember that
the pop up flash uses the camera's battery as its power source.

- - Also read some contradictory comments about spot metering: some say it's
great, some that they never use it

The spot metering is one of the most important features if you want to
improve your photography. And the F601's spot metering is very good.

The F70 is a very good camera, and I think its main benefits over the F601
is the ability to use 3D Matrix Fill Flash and drive AF-S lenses.

I personally invested in lenses, following the advices I got in this list,
and I'm really happy with my decision. If I were to upgrade for another
camera it would be the F90x or the F100.

If you have any other doubt, just write me.

nelson kao