-----------------------------
FLASHES

>I tried Nikon URL but unable to find detail information on SB-26
>and SB-28.
>I am thinking of getting one more flash unit but can't make
>decision between these two yet.
>One nice thing about SB-26, I heard, is built in slave function
>which SB-28 doesn't have.
>Could anyone give me an advise which one to choose?

Get the 26.  I have a used one and dealers offer to swap me straight across
for the 28, new.  They know something.

-----------------------------
NIKON DENIM

>If anyone is interested they can email Randy Zack at
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>for pricing info.  He sells denim shirts, polo shirts, t-shirts, base
>ball hats, and sweat shirts. The clothing I received has Nikon
>Professional Photographer on them but he will also put the Nikon F5
>logo.  BTW, he also told me that he will have a light weight jacket soon
>which I will have to order for my wife.

I bought a denimshirt from him on Ebay.  It is worth every penny!

------------------------------
PRICE VS. QUALITY

>on actually, does anybody know why there is such a big price
>difference between the Sigma 14 f2.8 and Tamron 14 f2.8? According to
>Chasseur d'Image the sigma is very good, would the Tamron be 1.5 times
>better?

1.5x the price does not mean 1.5x the quality, it usually means 1.01 times
the quality.  By the time prices really start rising you end up with only a
little bit better, but for folks who insist on the best, it is worth it.  I
would get the cheaper one because this is not a lens I would use often
enough to justify the expense.

DX

>DX coding can also be used to determine if the film is slide or print.  I've
>heard that DX coding is also used by labs to determine what channel should be
>used, so it seems probable that even more information may be conveyed by DX
>codes.

The silver dots on the cartridge tell what speed the film is and how many
exposures there are.  The bar code tells the film type.

Robert in Redlands