Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

"There has been a lot of controvery around the proposal to move this list to
a real-time, web-based list.  It seems that a lot of folks want the digest
as it is.  I hope most of you already know that the two aren't mutually
exclusive.  For a good example, take a look at the Minolta Mailing List.
www.minmail.com

It has an excellent web-based format, makes separate "real-time" emails and
it digests all messages into one per day.  In my opinion this is the best
system there is."
and the Digest more time consuming to read than the Nikon Digest.  I have
been lurking on these lists, and the Pentax and Canon lists, for
about 9 months and find the Nikon Digest the easiest
(and least frustrating) to read.

I am on AOL and may not know how to read the Minolta list the best way.
I read on line and have to hit the back arrow (and wait) to get back to the
list
after each message.  I get the Minolta digest and find I have to search on
the message title while with the Nikon Digest I search on the message
number...much easier for a bad typist!

I also like the 20 to 30 message digests (Nikon) better than the 75 to 100
message digests (Minolta).

I hope we can find a home that will keep the digest in its current form.

Jerry