Brian writes:
"Some time ago I purchased a 24-50mm AF Nikkor f3.3-4.5.This lens does
not appear to be much appreciated by many users, but I find it extremely
handy and very crisp. My search for the appropriate hood for this lens
has been fruitless. Would someone point me in the direction of finding
one, or if you know which is the correct hood for this lens, would you
let me know?"

It's one of my favorites, too.  Nikon's HB-3 hood is the one that's made
for it.  It bayonets on, and the lens cap is easily accessed with the
hood on.

Like most bayonet hoods, you can reverse it for stowage, but I never
do.  The hood is so shallow that you don't gain much by reversing it.

-Todd
--
Todd & Sharon Peach
Seattle, Washington  (zone 7)