Well, the 80-200 f 2.8 may be a dog of a lens, but hundreds and hundreds
of photographers have sure taken thousands and thousands of wonderful
photos with this lens. All you have to do to demonstrate this is to pick
up any photo magazine or book done by a major Nikon shooter and look at
the photo credits.

Anyone out there who has the non-"S" version with tripod mount who
decides on the basis of this account that this lens is not worth hauling
around any more, please let me know. I'll be delighted to take yours off
your hands. Heck, I'd even pay the postage.

John Wall