I have just become the proud owner of a Nikon F100 and I am now putting it
through its paces.  I notice that there is warning printed on the outside of
the box which states, “Full performance of the Nikon AF system can only be
obtained with AF Nikkor lenses.”  Does anyone know what the limitations are
with a non-Nikkor AF lens on the F100?  I have a Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 lens
in a Nikon AFD mount that works perfectly with my N70 and N90s bodies.  I’m
wondering how it is going to work with the F100 and if there is any
possibility of mechanical or electronic damage to the F100 by using the
Tokina lens.  Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

David S. Cox