Hello nikoneers,

I have sent this message on monday (2 days ago), but it
hasn't appeared in the digests that followed, nor have I
received an error-message. I'm quite sure I didn't put
any HTML in it.

Ringflashes:
I' ve got a question about ringflashes. Does anybody
know if there is a GOOD alternative to the SB21 from
Nikon, which has a smaller (or lower ?) price than
Nikon's but has about the same characteristics
(TTL, up to 62mm filterdiameter)?

So far, I know two ringflashes that offer TTL, but only
up to a filterdiameter of 58 mm: Sunpak and Suntax.
I need the 62 mm diameter for my 60 mm Micro-Nikkor.

About the SB-27:

Though I can't try it anymore on my SB-27 (I exchanged
mine for an SB-25 and a few guilders just two days ago!),
I think you will have to compensate nowhere if you shoot
TTL with your F90x. You will lose a lot of light by diffusing,
which is Ok when shooting macro or quite close to the
camera. If you want to shoot further away from the camera,
I think you will have to use a more sensitive film (ISO 400
or up). The SB-27 is not a very high powered flash and has
a very different user-interface from the SB-25 and SB-26
(= the reasons is exchanged my SB-27!).
I hope this helps, Rob!

About the SD-8:

Two days ago I visited my favorite photostore in Rotterdam
(the Netherlands). They could offer me new SD-8's for half
the price it would normally cost (new price FL 149 = about
US$ 75 excl. taxes).
The reason: the SD-8 does not fit on the SB-28, so it is not
a product anymore that fits in the current range of products,
though it fits the SB-27 which is still in the range.

The SD-8 fits the SB-24, 25, 26 and 27 (and more - older -
types). It's function? To diminish loading times of flashes
(into less than 50%) and to last longer with the batteries in
the flash. In fact it is only a box of batteries that can be
attached to your belt. One very good capability is that it is
possible to put NiCad-batteries (very quick loading) into the
SD-8 while using other kinds of batteries in the flash (which
for instance take more time to load but last longer) or
vice-versa. It connects to the flash with a cable.
Interesting, isn't it? Something for you, Rob?

The truth is out there.....

Bye!

        Martin