@jzakiya It's best you share the code you used to reproduce this behaviour for
further examination. I'm no expert on Nim's internals, but apparently

    ..<

is exactly the same as

    -1

in terms of generated code, so that may be why Araq is so skeptical about your
benchmark result.

* * *

Also, sorry for going off topic, but I see the same thing happening over and
over again on this forum and on Gitter: a newcomer asks a question or shares
feedback and gets offended by Araq's response. I myself have had my share of
butthurt, although I have long forgotten what it was about.

I don't think I have any right to judge, I'm just stating a fact—it happens.
This may mean that people have become too sensitive, or that Araq is a little
too radical in his expressions, or maybe nothing at all. But it's a fact, and I
think it should be pointed out.