Hi Nim'ers

I was introduced to Pascal in 1986 in high school, and it was my first
language, not counting the very few lines of Commodore Basic I had under my
programming belt before that.

Then, a long pause, and I got into programming again in 1997. This time Visual
Basic, very quickly followed by Delphi!

I absolutely loved Object Pascal and Delphi, but then I got into graphics
programming (mode 13h, DirectX, ...) and I learned C++.

Now, after years of C++, I have grown tired of it, and have gravitated to C.

I have dabbled in Lisp/Racket, and am a proficient PHP programmer.

I have tried Python, and it is neat, but I like my languages statically typed.

So, after looking into new and up and coming "better C's" like Odin and Jai, I
then found Nim.

And it is perfect.

So now, I divide my time between Free Pascal (Lazarus), proper C, PHP and Nim.
(With the occasional fling of C++ and perhaps a bit of retro C64 programming
(assembly/Basic)).

Other relevant tidbits: I was a moderator at the Ogre3D community for more than
5 years, and am currently a moderator at the Yii Framework community forum.

Neither Go, Rust, Ruby, Java or C# has ever clicked for me.

So here I am