> But problem is still present:

Yes, and the error message is very clear: expected are cint parameters for
width and high, but you pass int.

You should really try to get Dom's book, you may be the target audience. You
may ask in the forum, maybe someone has a copy which he do not need any more. I
myself have still to read the last chapter more carefully, so I can not give
away my copy yet.

> Got confused with all amount of that text files and references =)

Yes, GTK with other languages than C can be very hard to manage at some points.
I have used GTK with Ruby for a few years, and while most stuff was easy, at
some points it was very hard. And because there is no Ruby-GTK community any
more I spent many hours for some simple proc calls, finding the right
parameters. But for current Nim-GTK3 it is much easier, compiler gives you
messages, and the wrapper follows original C code very closely. Your int/cint
problem and the invalid nil for var parameter is very easy to resolve when you
have some basic Nim knowledge. (GTK with Python may be easy too, because there
may exist up to date tutorials/documentation and a small community. For Ruby
unfortunately that is not the case any more.)