> | Ideally, I'd like to get a REPL based on Jupyter (formerly known as
> ipython).
>
> That would mean Python becomes an essential dependency for Nim development.
> I'm sure Nim can come up with a stand-alone feature-rich REPL, and optional
> Jupyter integration.

Actually it doesn´t mean that. Jupyter _started_ as a Python tool, but it has
since been heavily refactored so that it is completely language agnostic. It
provides a REPL that can be used with any language. There are Jupyter-based
REPLs for Haskell, Ruby, Julia, Javascript, Csharp, and so on
([https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPython-kernels-for-other-languages)](https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPython-kernels-for-other-languages\)).
 Having a Jupyter-based nim environment would be wonderful.