I've been able to get the Nim bindings to work on Linux using .so files!! There
is still a bit of an odd quirk:

  1. GLFW 3.2.1 needs to be installed (with cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON) from
source (sudo make install). So those get put in /usr/local/lib
  2. raylib needs to be installed (with make SHARED_RAYLIB=YES) from source
(sudo make install SHARED_RAYLIB=YES). Those get put in /usr/local/lib too.

So at this point, you can compile the core_basic_window.nim example I have in
examples. But the problem is that if I try to run it, I get this:

    ben@linux:examples$ ./core_basic_window
    /usr/local/lib/libraylib.so: undefined symbol: glfwSetWindowIcon
    could not load: libraylib.so

But when I did export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib. then it would run fine.
What the hell is going on here? Isn't /usr/local/lib one of the default library
search paths? That's where the .so files are put.